Friday, May 29, 2009

The Swimming Carnival

On Monday 21st February, Years 3-6 went to their school swimming carnival at Baulkham Hills pool.
Eight buses took us there. I was in the fifth bus. Miss Schwager couldn’t come with us because she had work to do, so we went with Mrs. Hopwood instead.
When we arrived the teachers told us to sit in our house areas. My house is called Yindi.
The first race I entered was the freestyle. I came third and won a green ribbon. My next race was backstroke. I came fifth. I think freestyle is easier. People said it was freezing in the pool, but once you were in for a little while, it didn’t seem so cold.
Later on my friend swam in the butterfly race and won!
After lunch the house captains organized the relays. We cheered so hard for the Yindi teams, I nearly lost my voice.
Finally my mum arrived to take me home. I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch.
But I was as happy as my dog’s tail because guess what? My house won!
Lloyd Class 4S
Oakhill Public School

(Taken from English Skills in Context 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment