Friday, May 29, 2009

Painting the Hall

One morning, one of the Witch’s friends came over to visit. When she looked around the room, she said, “Your house is ugly. My house is more beautiful than yours, and the walls are brighter.” The Witch was very angry when she heard this and she shouted, “Get out of my house! And don’t ever come back here!”
After his friend left, the Witch looked around her house and she said to herself, “My friend was right. My house looks ugly and the paint is faded. I have to repaint it.” Then she went to the shop and bought a can of paint.
After lunch she started to paint, and she worked very carefully. In the afternoon she finished the lower part of her house. When she wanted to start painting the upper part she found out that she couldn’t reach it. Then she got an idea. “I will use my magic broom!” she shouted. “Broom, oh my broom, turn into a paint and paint my walls!”
Suddenly the broom turned into a paint brush and it started to paint the upper walls. It worked very fast, and in ten minutes all the job was done. The Witch was very happy.

(Taken from Bahasa Inggris, Materi PTBK Buku 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment