Friday, May 29, 2009

Sticky Fingers

After breakfast, I sent the children to school and then I went to market.
It was still early when I returned home. The children were at school, my husband was at work and the house was quiet. So I decided to make some tarts for tea.
In a short time, I was busy mixing butter and flour and my hands were soon covered with sticky pastry. At exactly that moment, the telephone rang. I picked up the receiver between two sticky fingers and was dismayed when I recognized the voice. It was Mrs. Bates. It took me ten minutes to persuade her to ring back later.
At last I hung up the receiver. There was pastry on my fingers, on the telephone, and on the door-knobs.
Suddenly, the bell rang, very loudly. This time was the postman. He wanted me to sign for a registered letter. What a mess!

(Taken from Bahasa Inggris, Materi PTBK Buku 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment